Take the pressure off your horse’s back with Clinton’s PRS (pressure release system) saddle pad. During his early years of training horses in Australia, Clinton became frustrated with soreness problems he experienced with dry spots on his horses’ backs. He was determined to remedy the situation, and made his first prototype pad by hand in his mother’s kitchen. When he arrived in the United States and established Downunder Horsemanship, he worked with Classic Equine to create the PRS pad to make the product available to all horse owners. It’s Clinton’s go-to saddle pad to work horses, from training on the trail to elite performance horses.
Features of the PRS Pad:
- Unique design that helps prevent dry spots, eliminate back sores and white hairs by reducing saddle pressure to the withers and shoulder.
- Absorbs shock and molds to the shape of the horse’s back to remain securely in place without shifting from side to side.
- Cutout design over the withers to provide spine relief.
- Contoured fit follows the line of your horse’s back with a split design that allows for the independent and free movement of the horse’s hips and shoulders.
- Eliminates the need to use more than one pad in most cases making it simple and easy to use.
- Choose felt bottom for horse comfort on long rides or foam bottom for ease of care—just wipe with a damp cloth and it’s as good as new.
- Unique leg cut design that provides a close contact fit for greater sensitivity, communication and feel of the horse.
- Pressure relief design encourages horses to perform suppling and flexion exercises by freeing up the shoulders and hips relieving strain and pressure from the saddle.