Jacksonville, Florida Walkabout Tour Countdown On
We’re a month out from our final 2022 Walkabout Tour presented by Ritchie Industries taking place at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center. Clinton has brought the two-day event to Jacksonville numerous times over the years, but this stop will be the first time he’s showcasing a new training demonstration lineup that features a more in-depth look at his colt-starting process. Along with covering how to safely saddle and put the first ride on a horse, highlights and demonstrations from the event will include:
- Training a performance horse. Riding one of his reined cow horses, Clinton explains how he advances a horse’s training and starts pointing a horse towards a specific discipline.
- Troubleshooting trailer-loading issues. Often the most entertaining training demo of the weekend, Clinton works with a horse that has a severe trailer-loading problem. He starts the demo by showing the audience what not to do, or in other words, what each of us has tried to do with a horse that refuses to step in a trailer in the past. Using Approach and Retreat, Clinton has the horse loading himself on the trailer by the end of the demo.
- Training on the trail. Learn how to introduce your horse to obstacles and what to do when you encounter scary situations on the trail in the Training on the Trail demonstration.
- Amazing giveaways. Over $9,000 in prizes and giveaways are up for grabs from Downunder Horsemanship and our team of sponsors!
- Learn about and support a great cause. Clinton and feature sponsor Ritchie Industries team up to put on the Ritchie Charity Ball Toss, a fun event that raises funds for a non-profit organization. The Alexander Neville Foundation will be raising funds to build awareness about the illicit fentanyl epidemic sweeping across the country. Be sure to visit the group’s booth and purchase a tennis ball or two for your chance to win incredible prizes, including a complete collection of Clinton’s videos, a mecate set and more!
Detailed information about the November 19th and 20th event can be found on our website. Tickets are $50 for the weekend and can be purchased on our website. No Worries Club members receive five free tickets to tours each year!